Friday 30 November 2018

Book: Around Madagascar On My Kayak, Riaan Manser


First and foremost Riaan Manser's solo trip around Madagascar is absolutely incredible. It is inspiring when people set themselves massive goals and then accomplish them. One of my all-time favourite quotes / lessons is that if your goals don't scare you, they are not big enough. 

With regards to the book, to be honest, I did not enjoy it as much as I did his first one [Around Africa On My Bicycle]. There are two key reasons, the first one that frustrated me was that some of the places referred to in the book were not included on the map in the front of the book. Secondly, I find any fishing story incredibly boring, and well... if you are in an ocean on a kayak there is going to be quite a bit of fishing. 

The book has inspired me to add Madagascar as a key destination to visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment