Sunday 11 November 2018

The week that was 20181111

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT 



Earlier this week I attended a course on mentorship offered by Rotary. I am grateful for the opportunity, as I believe mentorship is an important part of helping other entrepreneurs to grow and where possible prevent them from making the same mistakes you've made. 

MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK


Not too sure that I am ready to become a mentor yet...speaking about learning business lessons... 

As 'they' say, you keep being faced with the same challenges until you learn your lesson. This week's lessons is clearly one that I have not learnt yet: don't do business with family or friends.  I penned down this lesson in my blog in August 2013: Keep family and friends far from your business and yet, each time I think it's going to be different, the outcome is the same and I get so frustrated, disappointed and as Mark aptly observed, 'wounded'.  Three in the last few weeks, jeepers, lesson learnt!

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK

Paulo Coelho says "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it".

"Don't grow up to become a 'go-getter'; grow up to become a 'go-giver," ~ Wolfgang Riebe

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK

I attended the Rotary Club of Blouberg's meeting on Thursday evening; I was supporting Margaret Hirsch, COO of Hirsch's Homestores, as she got inducted in as an Honorary Rotarian (so incredibly proud of her). 

During the meeting, I heard two specific things that made me giggle. 
This Club has something called "BOBs"; informal get-togethers during the week. BOB = Bugger Off By 21:00 :)

The guest speaker was magician and motivational speaker, Wolgang Riebe. He was speaking about how wonderfully colourful and descriptive the Afrikaans language is. He was talking about small yappy dogs, and referred to them as a 'stoepkakkertjie' (!), I shared this with my Mom, and also shared that I don't think it would be too PC for me to share it on my blog; I love her alternative version: 'piepiekarnalie'!

Have an awesome week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment