Sunday 25 November 2018

The week that was 20181124

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

So grateful, proud and excited about the partnership with Moboom | Hotfrog, this is an amazing opportunity to work with entrepreneurs and to help them to create an online presence, watch this space for very exciting developments. 



The other thing that I am rather proud of is that Newsclip media monitoring has started picking up stories on my blog. I am thrilled that the blog is creating additional value and media exposure for companies and individuals; something which is particularly important for the Awesome AfriCAN weekly posts and contributing towards a positive narrative of our amazing continent. 

If you have any stories from our continent that needs to be celebrated (can be for an individual, company or project), please share it with me: africa@reputationmatters.co.za. Ideally, an awesome photo with a short caption works best.

MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK



I learnt that a group of giraffes =  a tower of giraffes


Image result for swearing
Something that I learnt about myself this week ~ I really don't like swearing, I find it rather off-putting, and disrespectful. Now don't get me wrong, we all use expletives to express ourselves and there is something rather satisfying when it comes to cursing in Afrikaans. But... for me... unless you are a family member or a really close friend, I really don't want to hear you swearing.  I realised this at a business orientated dinner party this week. When did it become OK to drop the f~bomb in front of people you've never met before? 

I remember years ago attending a comedy evening where Alex Jay was the MC for the evening. From the minute he walked onto the stage almost every single sentence contained an expletive. You really don't need swearing to make your story funny; since that evening I actually can't listen to him when I hear him on the radio; he lost all my respect. 

Just don't do it, find other expressive words that will keep your reputation in tact and not offend your audience. 

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK
Saw this on a guy's t-shirt: 

One day or day one, you decide

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK
This husky was supposed to learn how to swim, but discovered he could just float instead...




No comments:

Post a Comment