Saturday 3 November 2018

The week that was 20181103

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

I was very grateful for the opportunity to chat to Benito Vergotine on Smile fm about Awesome AfriCAN.

I am very grateful and proud of my monthly Leadership Magazine Column. I found this month's one, "The man with the pink tie" rather cathartic, check it out on page 52 and 53. 

MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

Cheaters never win. I've just come back from the Hout Bay Parkrun, there was a couple just ahead of me that I caught up to and passed just before the path split into two. Low and behold miraculously they were ahead of me without passing me as I completed the loop. I pushed myself for various reasons and caught up with them again (due to their shorter path they were considerably further ahead of me), when I passed them and made a comment, I couldn't quite make out their snarky remark back at me, but I wasn't going to waste time to find out what they had to say, I had my own (full) run and time on my mind. The only people they are fooling are themselves. 

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK

There were two that I particularly liked:

“You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” ~ Charlie "Tremendous" Jones 

"Call me old-fashioned, but I never visit a school in South Africa without wearing a jacket and tie. it is my way of signalling respect for teaching; for showing learners that they matter; and for helping build a culture in schools that respects the professionalism of the teacher," ~ Jonathan Jansen

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK

I think this housekeeper is meant for Mark and me!


Something else that got me giggling... 

Something rather clever


No comments:

Post a Comment