Saturday 17 November 2018

The week that was 20181117

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


...and just like that the Reputation Masterclass 2018 series has come to an end. What an incredible week! We had delegates from Ethiopia, Botswana and local soil all sharing stories, discussing experiences and engaging with each other on the topic of reputation. The importance of ethics and values formed the golden thread throughout the week. 

One of the key things that struck me is that even though the delegates come from very diverse industries and businesses, everyone grapples with the same challenges. 

I am very grateful for the wonderful delegates sharing the week with us. A massive thanks go to Cynthia Schoeman from Ethics Monitor, Kristina Malther from Open Cape Town and Jennigay Coetzer all investing their time and facilitating the different sessions and contributing to a very successful week.

MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK


Image result for focus

Focus, focus, focus!

I will be the first to admit that I do tend to take on too many things. I am by no means a 'yes man',  there are just too many exciting initiatives to tackle and that I want to be involved with! This does mean that I often spread myself too thin and don't necessarily give things as much of my attention as I would like to; this frustrates me immensely. 

Last weekend I made a very deliberate decision to only focus on the masterclass this week. It was absolutely glorious to focus on each session and tap as much as I could from each day, instead of trying to juggle too many balls and missing important discussion points along the way.

I also decided to keep to a strict routine to help me stay focused during the day. Each morning I made sure that I meditated, read and also ran for at least 30 minutes before leaving for the conference venue. At the end of each day, I made sure to have an early evening.

Here's to continuing to be more focused!

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK
Image result for The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."


WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK



Last night I attended the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)'s year-end cocktail function. Caricature artist, Séan Verster shared his amazing talent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment