Saturday 7 March 2020

The week that was 20200307

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


So glad and grateful that Bella is feeling better. One more week before her stitches are coming out. She just loves to pronk in the mist. 





Last Sunday I participated in the Milkwood 10km running race. It was such a beautiful morning. It was wonderful to bump in to Harriet, we pushed each other towards the end, without her, I definitely would have walked and not make a time of 01:08. Not my best time, but definitely happy with it. 

I know I mention this pretty much every single week but I really am so grateful for living in Hout Bay. On Tuesday evening, instead of doing the time trial with the running club, Linda and I rode to the top of Chappies as a last ride before tomorrow's race. So grateful that we can do a quick jaunt up Chappies. I probably have a thousand photos of this view, it just takes my breath away every single time.

Loved the Startup Grind session in Stellenbosch. We tackled it a bit differently, everyone got a chance to chat and give their opinion and insights on reputation management. Am grateful for new opportunities and for meeting new people. 


I am so grateful for the opportunity to have been the guest speaker at yesterday morning's Business Matters session. This is a great networking opportunity, the group meets weekly on a Friday morning at the River Club. Here's a link to their website to find out more about them.

                                                     

Chris on our team wrote a great article on 'Why you need to have an ecocentric approach to business growth' that we distributed for World Wildlife Day. Here's a link to the article. I am very grateful for the talent that I have on my team. 

Possibly the best way to end a Friday, being sent a purchase order for a new project! I am so grateful for new and exciting projects!

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

Authenticity is key in everything that you do. You must practice what you preach.

I had a very surreal experience where I was chatting to somebody about business growth, specifically sales. They have developed a methodology to help companies improve their sales. During the conversation I just kept thinking to myself I really don't resonate with how this person is engaging with me, and if I am going to learn this from them, then it's not going to be authentic to who I am.

Authenticity is always, in all ways.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

We’ve all heard the expression, ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away.’ Well, I’ve got a good question for you: What if it’s true? Wouldn’t that be easy to do-to eat an apple a day? Here’s the problem: It’s also easy not to do.
Jim Rohn


If you are not grateful for the little things, then you won't be grateful for the big things; learn to appreciate everything. 

Search Results

Web results

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE
 

The Corona Virus is definitely not something to be taken lighyly, there were however a few funny and creative people out there this week...
 



One last funny one for the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment