Saturday 29 February 2020

The week that was 20200229

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT



Had a wonderful 10 km Slave Route Challenge last Sunday. Very grateful for Lauren and Thérèse, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have entered this race. It's such a beautiful route in and around Cape Town. There is a h e c t i c hill that needs to be traversed in Bokaap, but once you get to the top you get a delicious freshly baked koesister! I completed it in 01:10, three minutes faster than in 2017, the last time I participated in this race.


It was so wonderful to see Margaret Hirsch at the Women of Worth (WOW) dinner. I am so grateful for Margaret's friendship.



Grateful for another beautiful morning ride out Camps Bay way. During the cycles I listen to Jim Rohn talks, it feels like he's becoming a cycling buddy and good friend :)


Had a super morning run with Bella and Lauren up Valley Road. The wind was hectic, and Valley seems to be quite protected against the wind. Half way through the run Madam (Belly) decided to take the leash and take herself for a run. Bell has had a couple of lumps under her arm that we've been keeping an eye on, the one under her front armpit was getting particularly large, so we decided to have them removed! A total of eight lumps were removed. I am very grateful that the op went well on Friday and she is on the mend. Luckily the lumps were just fat lumps. Super glad that they have been removed. 


During the month of February, a couple of us encouraged each other to reach 10 000 steps each day, some days were more successful than other. It made a massive difference to have others in on the challenge, it really made me a lot more mindful to move more during the day. What was a bit frustrating were the days that I had longer cycles then I didn't always reach the step goal; perhaps I should flap my arm while cycling :)

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER
Listening to my friend Jim Rohn, one of the things he was speaking about was lifestyle. He said when you go to a restaurant, we always think that you pay the tip to the server afterwards if the service was good. Actually, TIP stands for: To Insure Promptness and it should be paid upfront. So the next time you go to a restaurant you need to discreetly give the tip upfront, Jim says you will be surprised what a difference it will make to the attention you'll received.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

I loved this quote from Jim Rohn:

The books you don’t read, won’t help

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE




This heading also brought a smile to my face:


...and one last one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment