Saturday 1 February 2020

The week that was 20200201

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


I am super proud and excited about launching our first webinar. It's part of our Reputation Mentorship Programme that we've launched to help businesses empower themselves to manage and look after their reputations. My next introductory webinar on reputation management is on Tuesday evening at 20:00 register for free here.


I am very grateful for the media coverage that we received for the media release that we sent out on our Reputation Management Mentorship Programme, here's the release.


On Friday I was invited to speak at the NGO/Assist breakfast on reputation management. I am very grateful for the opportunity to share some insights into reputation management, something which is so important for NGOs; am also grateful for the wonderful people I got to meet. 


I am rather proud that I have reached 1500 Twitter followers. In the bigger Twitter universe of things I get that it is a mere drop in the ocean; I am however incredibly grateful for each and every follower that I have. 


I feel rather proud of the cycle we did to Simons Town last week Sunday. I tested out my new wheels and it was great! The only thing is, I had a scratchy throat, and it was perhaps not the best idea to cycle that far, this became evident when I started to sound like Darth Vader riding up Black Hill. Made it home safely and pretty much positioned myself in front of the telly for the rest of the day!

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER


Have you ever eaten a piece of honeycomb? I was fortunate enough to grow up with parents that owned a small holding outside of Pretoria; my father cultivated the most amazing roses during his retirement. On that piece of land we had a few cows, sheep, ducks and even a rooster that used to regularly chase us around. There was also an incredible orchard, and hive of bees. We were pretty self sufficient. There was just an abundance of fruit and milk and flowers! When you are so young you take these things for granted; honey comb was absolutely magical and we ate hands full of it at a time. When I saw the Hout Bay Honey guys advertising honey comb this week, I treated Mark & myself to some of it. Oh the magic of honey comb and so grateful for the wonderful memories of childhood that came flooding back!

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...

I started reading 'A Treasury of Kahlil Gibran,' he is the author of The Prophet, which I loved. I really battled to get in this one, 'A Treasury...' and have decided to abandon it. 

I then started reading 'The Compound Effect', Darren Hardy; am absolutely loving it!

Something that I found incredibly interesting: Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert, author of Stumbling on Happiness, says that if we gave lottery losers each thirty seconds on TV to announce not, 'I won!' but 'I lost,' it would take almost nine years to get through the losers of a single drawing! 

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE





And one last one...

No comments:

Post a Comment