Saturday 15 February 2020

The week that was 20200215

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

This week I am incredibly grateful, again, for living in the beautiful Hout Bay. As I am getting ready for the Cape Town Cycle Tour taking place in a couple of weeks, I’ve had to up my training plan. With it has brought the most incredible early morning scenery. My ultimate ride, walk, run is the route from Hout Bay to Camp’s Bay; yes, you need to contend with Suikerbossie, but wow, it’s worth it! I am so grateful for getting fitter, every day a little bit better and better, so much so, I managed to overtake two guys coming back up Suikerbossie the other morning! *airpunch*

Last Sunday a group of us road to Cape Point, it was magnificent day, perfect riding conditions. Was totally pooped afterwards, but super impressed with our performance, ok truth be told, mine (it was a pretty standard jaunt for the other two). I ride with Graham and Erik, both considerably fitter and stronger riders than me, but that is the only way to improve and get better; to practice with people much better than yourself so that you can push and improve yourself.

I am also incredibly grateful for my running buddies, Thérèse and Lauren; if it wasn’t for them, I would definitely not run nearly as much as I have been. We’ve also challenged each other to reach 10 000 steps a day, it makes a massive difference to be aware of your movements and number of steps when you are accountable to others. I am super happy to have renewed my Western Province Athletics licence for the year. After taking a break from all races last year, I am exited to don my pink skort again soon! 

The team sent out some tremendous media releases this week, resulting in great online coverage! Here's the link to the article linking reputation management to top sportsmen; as well as linking Valentine's Day to loving your reputation, here's the link.

So grateful for Mark and Bella! We've been taking super early morning walks on the beach; it's such a glorious and magical time of the day. Nothing gives madam more of  thrill than proudly strutting her stuff with a piece of seaweed in her mouth.


Very grateful to be in Gauteng this weekend. I look forward to speaking about reputation management at the upcoming Endangered Wildlife Trust Conference taking place on Tuesday. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER
I was reminded this week how important it is to not neglect the basics. We are all busy, I get that, but...it is still the small things that mean the most.
  • If you say you are going to phone someone, do.
  • If you say you going to do something, do it.
  • When you go over to someone’s house, never arrive empty handed.
  • Always follow a visit, meeting or any type of engagement up with a ‘thank you’
  • You don’t always have to wait for someone else to reach out to you; I often feel that if I didn’t reach out to my ‘friends’, I would honestly never hear from them. Although, I do more often than not hear from people when they want something.  This all does make me question my understanding and expectations when it comes to friendship. I have considered lowering my expectations and standards, but I’ve realised that is not the answer; I need to be the person that I would like to have as a friend. 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK



Really liked this quote this week: 'It's a slow process but quitting won't speed it up,' Ed Todd.

I also saw this one by Maya Angelou:

'Every storm runs out of rain'

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE






Yes children, stop driving so fast! :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment