Saturday 14 March 2020

The week that was 20200314

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT




I am incredibly proud and grateful for participating in and completing my third Cape Town Cycle Tour. It was an AMAZING day in the saddle. I am particularly chuffed that I improved my time by 35 minutes!








Each year after the Cycle Race, I vow to keep my fitness level and cycling regime up, and each year with a blink of an eye it's November and I've not been back on my bicycle. So I forced myself to go for a cycle on Wednesday up Suikerbossie just to get the legs moving. I was not disappointed by the magnificent view that waited for me at the top! So grateful, and rather proud for making it up to the top of Suikerbossie on very wobbly legs!





I am rather chuffed that I sold one of my paintings this week. I have always been too worried about 'putting it out there', but decided that I would test the water as it is pointless to have a painting lying under a bed.  


So grateful for a beautiful early morning walk with Pam (Mark's Mom), Bella and Mark. We went up Constantia Nek. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a view, but there's something magical about walking in the mist, especially early in the morning. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

Change comes with small consistent changes made each day and forming a habit. As Jim Rohn says, we know that we need to eat an apple a day. It doesn't help to forget to eat it during the week and then to try and eat seven apples on Saturday.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"Men of action are favoured by the goddess of good luck"
Richest man in Babylon

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

The thing that made me laugh the most was that something somewhere went horrendously wrong with my baking skills this week; I managed to bake a burnt raw carrot cake :D actually quite a skill if you ask me... :)

There have been many Corona Virus memes doing the rounds:





Have a wonderful week everyone, stay safe and healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment