Saturday 21 March 2020

The week that was 20200320

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

With all the social distancing happening, I am very grateful for the opportunity to still be running and cycling. 


Earlier this week Thérèse and I went for an amazing run in and around Hout Bay, she showed me this magical place on our route past Military Road that I've never seen before. Wonderful to continually explore Hout Bay and to still find gems! Very grateful to live in this wonder part of the world.


Thérèse, Lauren and I had the most beautiful run in Camp's Bay on Thursday morning. So grateful for all of this beauty that surrounds us. 


Kicked off my birthday yesterday morning with the most amazing morning cycle along the coastal road. So grateful for another year on this beautiful, crazy planet. 


On my way home from the cycle, the heavens opened and I got drenched; absolutely love the rain and am going to take it as a good sign. A quick Google search tells me: Rain and raindrops were used as symbols to represent plentiful crops. The meaning of the rain clouds was a magical symbol to promote good prospects in the future. I'll take it!

I am so grateful for the amazing family and friends' wishes throughout the day.

So grateful for the most amazing massive bunch of St Josephs from my Mom! 

                           

Another beautiful morning run with Thérèse & Lauren. With all the social distancing, all the running races have been cancelled. We've decided to still aim to do a 10km run once a month. This morning we headed to the Llandudno bus stop. Absolutely brilliant morning. The run up Suikerbossie was a bit of a slog, but, so worth it! So grateful for Thérèse & Lauren and these runs!   

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

Everyone is trying to make sense of this Corona pandemic; the post below best described how I feel:

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
I took this from a post from Dr Wayne Dyer's post on Facebook page this week:

'...Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves,' 

Nisargadatta Maharaj [Dr Wayne Dyer's teacher]



"'Those are dark clouds,' said the boy. 'Yes, but they will move on,' said the horse, 'the blue sky above never leaves."

This also reminded me of Jim Rohn sharing and reminding us that Winter is inevitable; Spring will come. We need to learn from each Winter and prepare better for the next one. 

And one last one, taken from a friend's LinkedIn post:

You don't drown from falling into the water, you drown staying there

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

Ag the Corona virus memes continue...

 Almost every.single.Skype.call!







 Have a wonderful week, stay safe & healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment