Saturday 31 August 2019

The week that was 20190831

Isn't it absolutely crazy that today is the last day of August! It's been another amazing wonderful week filled with many proud and grateful moments, lessons learnt and giggles along the way. 

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


As part of my morning regime, I aim to take Bella for a run as often as possible. The best lit area at this time of the morning is Suikerbossie. I was absolutely thrilled and so grateful to start seeing the mountain silhouettes peaking through; a clear indication that we are heading to longer, warmer days and that Spring is in the air (unlike the rest of the country, Cape Town has barely had a sniff of warmer weather). My preference is definitely warmer weather; in the same breath, I am grateful for all the rain we've had recently. 


Another sign of the changing season was earlier this week when one of our succulents greeted us with this amazing flower. Mark definitely has the green thumb gift between the two of us; he's been nurturing this little one since it was only about the size of a 20 cent piece. It's magical to see the beauty of nature and to watch all the plants grow and flourish under his watchful caring eye.  


Earlier this week I attended a Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA) Cape Town function hosted at the Cape of Good Hope Castle in Town. It was such a beautiful evening, just making me again...still... so grateful for living in Cape Town. It was a good evening of conversations and sharing of ideas. The Castle is filled with so much history. I did have a giggle, in the room that we were hosted in, someone commented that it was quite cold, someone else then said that it was cold because of all the unsettled souls from the past around us there. Personally I thought that it was just the open window they were standing close to [I may or may not have made sure that I walk in a group back to my car :)]   

Biggest lesson this week / REMinder
Mark and I quite enjoy watching the television program, Race Across the World, where four teams race from the United Kingdom (UK) to Singapore using any means of transport except airplanes. [Flying to Singapore from the UK takes 12 hours; using the same budget as for the flight they are making their way using different modes of transport, they are now on day 40!]. The one lady said,

"Focus on your own game," and that is so true on so many levels.


The above are definitely #GrowthGoals! 



We [I], often forget to trust in our [my] own abilities, so this was quite apt that came up in my social media timeline this week:

Quote of the week

 Forward is forward...

This week i finished reading...

Years ago I read Konsalik's LSD, which I did not enjoy at all. My Mom recently encouraged me to rather read "Die Snydokter van Stalingrad," which was his first book. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I love a good Afrikaans read. I found it fascinating to also learn more about the German prison camps in Russia. I recently finished a Deon Meyer book, both are great Afrikaans books, it is so interesting to see how Afrikaans writing and the language has evolved.

what made me giggle

This clip that I saw via @humorandanimals on Twitter absolutely made my week!


:)

One last one...

Chinese takeaway – R75. Petrol to get there – R12. Getting home and then realising they didn’t give you one of the containers – riceless.




No comments:

Post a Comment