Saturday 17 August 2019

The week that was 20190817

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


I absolutely love and am so grateful for living in Hout Bay, Cape Town. I've not been on my bicycle for a while, so on Tuesday morning I dusted it off and rode up Suikerbossie to the Llandudno traffic lights.  This greeted me on my way heading back home. What an incredible way to start the week!



I had a meeting with LRMG in Observatory, wow, what a welcome I received! A welcome when you step out of the elevator, a personalised note, rose and chocolate in the meeting room. It made quite an impression. It reminded me of Maya Angelou's quote “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Unfortunately the Vineyard Hotel in Newlands where my next meeting was, was pretty much exactly the opposite experience. I have reached out to the Hotel to discuss the situation. To be fair, I will give them time to respond before I share the experience here; will give an update next week. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

Image result for email
The lesson was learning more about myself. 

If there is one thing that irks the living daylights out of me, it's not receiving a response to an email, even if it's just a 'thank you, received your mail,' or even a 'go away' would be better than just hearing crickets.  

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Interestingly most of the quotes that I saw this week was about decluttering. I really like this quote from Margaret Hirsch:

Not sure who wrote the one below but it also resonated:


Clearly getting rid of clutter is something that I need to spend some time on this weekend. 

Not related to clutter but I quite liked this one too:

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...


Mark has often spoken of Barry Sheene, so when I saw this abridged version at the library book sale I got it. I actually quite enjoyed reading more about him and what he had done and contributed to motorcycle racing. It's amazing that he survived the massive accidents he was involved in. I was quite sad and even pecked a tear reading about him losing his battle against cancer. 

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE
Definitely my computer!

Saw this driving in Cape Town CBD the other day, rather random but fun...

Does anyone know why there is a Spiderman between the buildings?

One last thing

Love the creativity of street art, spotted this one in Cape Town CBD (interesting the things you spot when you are stuck in gridlock traffic; this artwork was almost opposite the Spiderman above).


Have an awesome week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment