Saturday 24 August 2019

The week that was 20190824

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT
There were so many things to be grateful for this week.


The first was an absolutely beautiful cycle along Chapman's Peak last week Sunday. I am so grateful that this magnificent piece of the world is our backyard to play in.


Yesterday I caught up with Chris Moerdyk. I so enjoy, and always look forward to, our catch ups and conversations around marketing, research and reputations . I am always so grateful for his insights and our chats. 

I have a couple of speaking opportunities coming up that I am very grateful for, and am proud of these associations:



The first one is at the South African Innovation Summit (SAIS)  taking place in Cape Town from 11 to 13 September 2019. My session will be on reputation management, how to build and protect your reputation the moment you decide to start your own business...and, it will actually help you to increase your revenue. 

I am also grateful and very excited about the strategic alliance with the University of Pretoria. On Thursday, 07 November 2019 I will be presenting a full day reputation management session. Delegates will work on SMART goals that they will be able to implement as soon as they are back in the office to take their organisation's reputation to the next level. They will also receive a copy of my Book, Reputation Matters. To book, please liaise directly with: Gertrude Hlungwani, getrude.hlungwani@enterprises.up.ac.za.


The other partnership in my life that I am particularly grateful for this week, is Mark. He always has my back and best interest at heart. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

It's been an interesting week relating to personal relationships with "friends" and "family." A keyword that came to mind when I (over) analysed the week, was commitment. When you commitment to something see it through from the beginning to end, don't be a flake. This is a blog that I wrote in 2015 also on commitment.


A random lesson: this week I learnt that the speed limit on Chappies alternates between 20kms/hour and 40kms/hour. If you are a Discovery Insure member, and snails pace is not for you, consider the alternative route to Hout Bay otherwise you will lose all your built up points and patience.  

quote of of the week



THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...
Hoping to finish, Snydoktor van Stalingrad by Konsalik, this weekend.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE







No comments:

Post a Comment