Saturday 18 August 2018

The week that was 20180818

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

The Awesome AfriCAN initiative is gaining so much momentum. Here is a short video I put together to give you an idea of what the computer centre looks like and what it means to some of the students. Funding, newer technology and wifi are their main needs at the moment, if you know someone that knows someone that could possibly help, please pop me note on awesome@reputationmatters.co.za. This is just one of the many pieces of the puzzle; it's the start of an incredibly exciting adventure, watch this space...



MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

I'm clearly the only person concerned about whether Woolworth's new recycling machines are produced locally and respects the environment as much as they do. I've not received a reply to my tweet yet...

Here's my blog and the reason as to why I am concerned. If it is something of interest to you too, and you have a bit of time, please like & share my tweet. 

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK


PODCAST I'M LISTENING TO 

It's still me and Alexa learning French.

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK 

I am edging my way closer to becoming a certified Director. On Tuesday I attended Part II. Really like this quote by Lee Iacocca that was shared:

[Incase it is not that clear: "You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across, your ideas won't get you anywhere," Lee Iacocca  

...AND ONE LAST THING

I've mentioned previously that I am a massive fan of Siya's art. 
Yesterday I met up with him and at last got myself a pair of beaded earrings. I don't often wear earrings (or any jewelry for that matter), as it easily irritates me. These earrings are SO comfortable! 

He also makes the coolest bow ties. 

Check out his Facebook page for his super cool designs. 

He is in search of material or leather offcuts, again if anyone knows anyone, that knows anyone that could help, please let me know. [awesome@reputationmatters.co.za] or give him a call on 0640645130.


No comments:

Post a Comment