Sunday 12 August 2018

The week that was 20180812

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


My most grateful moment was without a doubt celebrating my amazing Mom's birthday with her last Sunday. My Mom is the most inspiring person I know, provides unconditional support and guidance for all my 'mad' dreams, is always encouraging me to think big, and has the most incredible sense of humour! 

My biggest lesson this week



To have fun! I had entered the Totalsport 10km women's race some time ago; I had not trained nearly enough for it. So, I decided to just have fun. It was a beautiful, clear and crisp morning;  the colours of the mountain and the city were translucent, providing a spectacular backdrop for the run. For the first time in a long time, I truly enjoyed running, even the relentless uphills (although to be fair, those I walked!); got the blood flowing, legs stretched and cobwebs cleared. [Thanks Craig Wilson for the pic!]

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE this week



PODCAST I'M LISTENING TO 

With the opportunity to visit Côte d’Ivoire in September, I realised that I need to brush up on my French; sadly I don't remember too much of my third language French that I had as a matric subject. I am finding this podcast quite helpful.

https://player.fm/1XSeFU #nowplaying 

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK 

No comments:

Post a Comment