Saturday 30 June 2018

The week that was 20180630

MY PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


This week has been riddled with meetings so it is rather a blur. I am very grateful for all of the conversations and discussions, it confirms that we are on the right track with our reputation research offering as well as the MAD [My African Dream / Making A Difference] project. It is reassuring that we are slowly but surely making progress to achieve the vision that we set ourselves as a team at the beginning of the year: to be  Africa's go to reputation research and management partner for sustainable organisational growth. 

MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

I am a massive fan of Verne Harnish founder of Gazelle International Coaching and author of Scaling Up. I always look forward to reading his weekly newsletter. This week he shared a great link to a video on scaling up your business. He touched on a topic that I had with my team this week, reading. The team is urged to read at least a book a month, so I was glad that the importance of reading was confirmed in this video. To increase your business by tenfold, you need to increase your knowledge by tenfold. 

I thought that I was on track with reading five pages of a book each morning, alas, nowhere near Warren Buffet's 500! He sets three hours aside to read each day. 

The other lessons Verne touches on is the importance of leadership and leadership development (hence the reading), marketing, pricing, the structure of the business and the importance of being focussed.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE



One of the meetings I had this week was at Café du Cap in Loop Street. I love the subtle sense of humour used in their menu. I just love the description of their hot chocolate :) and the fact that they probably use too much cheese in their toasties and you clearly can't go wrong with their Croque Monsieur.

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK

SOMETHING I FOUND PARTICULARLY CLEVER

I absolutely love this illustration of the different representations of artists.

ONE LAST THING


On my journey with MAD, I recently met the most amazing Hout Bay-based artist, Siya. He makes the most beautiful beaded jewellery (read artwork). I just love these earrings!  [His number, should you wish to order some is 064 064 5130) Watch this space for exciting things to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment