Saturday 7 December 2019

The week that was 20191207

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


[I actually wanted to post this last week, ironically I lost all the photos on my phone while I was backing them up onto a hard drive.] 

I am so grateful for and proud of our Awesome AfriCAN initiative. Rotarians from the Rotary Club of Newlands are mentors for entrepreneurs completing their course at the False Bay TVET College. As part the incentive for the entrepreneurs to complete the mentorship programme, Rotary are sponsoring a website for each of the entrepreneurs. Where our Awesome AfriCAN initiative comes in, is that we are training and empowering the entrepreneurs to build their own websites so that they can also update it themselves. It was such a wonderful morning watching the entrepreneurs build their own sites. Funds raised from the website sponsorship is being ploughed back into the community by providing community members with basic computer skills. 


I am so incredibly excited and proud of our new service offering that we are launching in January 2020. The main aim is to empower our clients with the knowledge to roll out the recommendations from the reputation research that we conduct for them, themselves. We are also offering reputation management support for entrepreneurs so that they can build reputable businesses right from the start. Send us a mail and we'll share more information including an exciting launch deal! [research@reputationmatters.co.za]. Here's an article that was published on Media Update.


I am very grateful for the opportunity to facilitate a full day reputation management course at Enterprises at the University of Pretoria. It was a fabulous group with a lot of knowledge and ideas sharing throughout the day. 



I am very proud of some lovely coverage that we received on Moneyweb, thanks to a media release that Senior Stakeholder Liaison, Chris Bischoff on our team wrote.


On a personal level, it was a rough, tough week. I had to say 'bye' to my darling, sweet Timmy. I am very grateful to have had him part of my life for the past ten years (he was about seven years old when we got him). He had become a bit of an institution in Earl Street, greeting every person that walked by and always ready for a tickle from a passersby. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

Magical things happen when you are tuned into the little things around you, especially nature. On the way to the airport I saw a flock of birds flying, when I took a closer look, I noticed they were flamingos! They were so graceful and beautiful. Later in the afternoon, this (slightly drenched) Hoepoe came to sit on my window, he became quite a poser when he saw me taking photo of him.


QUOTE OF THE WEEK



"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding," Leonardo da Vinci.

   

"Life is always a little rocky when you are a gem!", Margaret Hirsch.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE



Heard on the Gautrain: A child is very permanent; rather start with a tattoo and see if you get used to something that permanent...😂

No comments:

Post a Comment