Sunday 1 December 2019

The week that was 20191201

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT



This week I am feeling a bit nostalgic. After eleven years in our house in Hout Bay, the time has come to move. I looked everywhere for the perfect place! We almost moved to Kommetjie, which is a lovely community with some lovely properties, it's just really quite far. After the last house viewing there on my way home, and as we drove over Chappies into Hout Bay, I just realised that Hout Bay is home and neither Mark and I wanted to move out of the Republic. I then found the perfect house, such a lovely space (and quiet!) a block away from where we are currently staying. I am grateful to have stayed in this wonderful house in Earl Street, but, I am now excited about the new chapter, still in Hout Bay! Next mission: packing!


It's been another wonderful week of running and cycling! I am so grateful for my running buddies. Photo above is from our Tuesday run with the Hout Bay Harriers. We ran from the Vine to the pier. It was such a beautiful evening. I think we did just over seven kms. 


Two early morning rides up Suikerbossie continued this week, I know that I have said it a million times before, it just really is such a magical time of day. I am so grateful to live in this beautiful part of the world. Picture above is the back of Table Mountain.






I am very grateful to have been part of the PR2020 Summit presented by Faselis Southern Africa, where I spoke on Wednesday on  reputation management from a communicators point of view. Friday was Entrepreneur2020 and my focus was on the importance of reputation management as an entrepreneur and the different dimensions to consider. Well done to Nadia Hearn from Get Published for an absolutely wonderful and well organised summit! Exciting times awaits the PR industry!

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER















I definitely love bibliosmia! It is the smell and aroma of old or good books!

A great reminder that I saw on social media this week:



'The only thing that matters is how much you love. In the end it doesn't matter what your body looks like, how successful your career is, how big your house is, how advanced your yoga practice is, or what your bank statement says. Let me repeat this: "The only thing that matters is how much you love." Your purpose on this earth is to love. And love is a two-way street. We give, we get. With love we will turn this crazy world around.  

And another one:



Refuse to be offended. When people ignore or are mean or rude to you... they're revealing themselves. They're telling you what's within themselves...not what's within you. How you treat those who mistreat you, reveals your emotional and spiritual maturity. "A fool's displeasure is known at once, but whoever ignores an insult is sensible," Proverbs 12:16

QUOTE OF THE WEEK


Loved seeing the quote above: "Sometimes in order to keep growing you just need to change pots."


"Don't find fault. Find the remedy; anyone can complain," Henry Ford

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...


The Stellenbosch Mafia by Pieter du Toit. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped I would. The chapter on Steinhoff was incredibly interesting, now I definitely want to read Steinheist. 



I also finished listening to the ebook, "How to Live on 24 Hours," Arnold Bennett. I did have a couple of giggles I am so grateful that we've really evolved specifically with women in the workplace. I do feel that I am doing fairly well with maximing my daily 24 hours.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

"You know what doesn't grow back, Susan? Trust."



It was really very hot in Cape Town this week, I had parked in the sun and it was 40 degrees Celsius!

No comments:

Post a Comment