Saturday 26 October 2019

The week that was 20191026

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT 


I am incredibly grateful for all the speaking opportunities that I have been invited to. Next week I am attending the TVET for Impact Roundtable and Expert Forum in Helsinki, Finland. My specific focus will be on building reputations of TVET colleges. Here is a link to the program as well as all the other speakers


I am also very grateful for an opportunity to visit the Middle East next year. I have been invited to be a speaker at the Kuwait Reputation Day taking place in Kuwait next year October.


I also look froward to being part of the PR2020 Summit taking place in Cape Town in November 2019. To pre-book email: tickets@get-Published.co.za

General ticket are @R180 or/ Book the VIP package @R480, this includes: allocated seating, VIP luncheon, a Reputation Matters book, goodie bag, + more! 


I am very proud of all the media that we have received this week. We received some lovely coverage in the Institute of Director in South Africa (IoDSA)'s Directorship magazine. Our article, CEO's, are you leading by example? is on page 27.




I am very impressed that the IoDSA shared their Repudometer® results on page 28 and 29. in the Directorship Magazine too  I really am so grateful for our wonderful clients and the work that we do in the reputation measurement space. 

Speaking of wonderful clients and being proud of the work we do. We presented the SA Innovation Summit (SAIS) with their Repudometer® score. 


This was the second year we measured SAIS' reputation. Congratulations on achieving 81% for your reputation, an excellent score.


We've received some lovely media coverage on the media release we sent out earlier this week on finding and selecting the right team members. I am very grateful to Lisa Wannell, founder and director of Halogen Search and Selection for providing great insights into the article, here's the link for the full article. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading, Public Speaking & Influencing Men in Business by Dale Carnegie. He shared a section on the history of words, truly fascinating. Something I found particularly interesting was July and August, here's an extract from the book:

The seventh month, July, was named after Julius Caesar; so the Emperor Augustus, not to be outdone called the next month August. But, the eighth month had only thirty days at the time and Augustus did not propose to have the month named after him any shorter than a month named after Julius; so he took one day away from February and added it to August, and the marks of this vain-glorious theft are evident on the calendar hanging in your home today.  



It was interesting to learn that Mentholatum has a number of well known brands in it's stable, such as Deep Heat, Softlips and Oxy. I think it's great that Deep Heat is now in a roll on format, definitely a lot more user friendly. 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"You can follow the crowd. Or you an change the world. But you can't do both." 
 -Robin Sharma-

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...


I finished reading Public Speaking & Influencing Men in Business by Dale Carnegie. I thoroughly enjoyed it and Dale Carnegie's subtle sense of humour. 

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

I was reminded that cats love boxes, if it fits, I sits... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment