Sunday 20 October 2019

The week that was 20191020

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


In the words of C.Louis Leipoldt:
...'Dit is die maand Oktober, 
die mooiste, mooiste maand! 

This translates to: "It's the month of October, the most beautiful month!  

Pretoria is absolutely glorious in October with her beautiful Jacaranda trees. (Even though it does always remind me of exam time and hoping that one of the flowers fall on your head, a sure sign that you will pass your exams :D !) Pretoria is quite dry at the moment, everyone is waiting in anticipation for the rain to come. I do miss those powerful, beautiful afternoon thunderstorms that breaks the heat of the day, unfortunately no afternoon thunderstorms this time round. 

I am so grateful to have been in Pretoria last weekend. My Mom and I drove through to Cullinan for the morning. I absolutely love spending time with my Mom, we laugh A LOT!



On Friday, my Cape Town team and I went through to be.UP Park in Pinelands. I am so grateful for the time spent with the team. We met up for #CheersforPeers for a morning of wall climbing. Jeepers, my upper body strength is much to be desired. It was a lot of fun! 


I am proud of Nalene de Klerk, stakeholder liaison on our team, for her article that she wrote on the tips to make a virtual office work. We've received some lovely coverage for it. Here's the full article.  

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

I quite like this table that I found on Pinstagram on alternative phrases to consider for emails. 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt," Abraham Lincoln

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...



Last year I started reading the Adrian Mole series. The first two, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Age 13 3/4 and Growing Pains were absolutely brilliant, sadly from book three the series steadily got less and less fun to read. This book, the Prostate Years, is the last book in the series. It is a lot more serious and rather depressing.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

Very random!...



No comments:

Post a Comment