Saturday 20 July 2019

The week that was 20190720

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

It was another awesome week, so many things to be grateful for.

Happy happy birthday to our beautiful Bella! Eight years old today. So grateful that this Sweetheart has crawled into our hearts. 

I am so grateful for this fabulous massive blanket my Mom crocheted Bella, can you spot Belly's nose?


I had an absolutely fabulous time in Gauteng and spending time with my Mom last weekend. She has the sweetest 'puppies' from the SPCA [Frankie top left, and Lexi, bottom left]. Whenever I am in Pretoria over a weekend, I visit the "Ooskerk" ~ Dutch Reform Church (centre photo). It's where I was baptized and confirmed. There is a serenity that I experience after each service. I absolutely love the view from the airplane as you fly into Cape Town, grateful to be home safely in Cape Town.

I am so grateful to have been invited by Solly Moeng to attend the launch of Nadia Read Thaele's art exhibition with him. The exhibition was also in collaboration with Legacy Collection's, Charmaine Taylor, who makes jewelry from the fence that was around Robben Island. Themba Mkhangeli also profiled his work, wow his pen work (top right hand corner in the collage above) is spectacular. Massively fun evening. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK
Looking at this week's photos, the lesson: I need to spend a bit more time on my bicycle and get running :D

Saw this on the Fairlady Facebook page, and thought it is a good reminder:


QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Seeing that it was Mandela Day this week (18 July), I thought a Madiba quote would be apt:

"It always seems impossible until it's done."

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...

Mister God, this is Anna was such a sweet read.

Really enjoyed it, had many, 'oh wow, ok, didn't see that coming,' moments.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE


Belly really didn't love her Birthday hat...


...and one more :)





No comments:

Post a Comment