Saturday 13 July 2019

The week that was 20190713

It's been a wonderful week! There are so many things that happened that made me so proud and grateful.

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT
The week started off with attending the Robben Island Muesum (RIM) memorial lecture on Govan Mbeki. It was very special to meet Denis Goldberg, who also shared a few memories during the evening. Former Deputy Chief Justice, Dikgang Moseneke was the guest speaker; it was incredible to hear, learn and be reminded of our history and getting closer insight into "Oom Gov". I am very grateful for the opportunity to have attended the evening.

I had a moment of immense pride to see how well some of the past team members that started their careers at Reputation Matters are doing. Morongoa Ramaboa is now the spokesperson for Robben Island Museum, and Thabo L. Mangoenyane is part of the Corporate Affairs department at Tiger Brands. I was so pleased to catch up with both of them this week.

On Thursday evening, I attended the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA)'s AGM. I was very grateful for the opportunity to present the ethics and reputation research results that we conducted for the African Public Reputation Association (APRA) earlier this year. It was so wonderful to reconnect and catch up with everyone. All the best to Rene Benecke who has taken over the role of PRISA President.
Yesterday, I caught up with the Gauteng team. I am so incredibly grateful and proud of our dynamic team. We combined a couple of team meetings with our monthly Cheers for Peers, the ideas shared and energy in the room was just inspiring! 
 

The absolute cherry on top of the amazing week, was catching up with my cousin and his wonderful wife. I am so grateful for an incredibly fun evening, reminiscing and a lot of laughing! 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK
Always check that your hire car's lights are off before walking off. Not all cars' headlights automatically switch off. (Europcar, are however amazingly quick to help jump start a car). [Just make sure that you idle the car for long enough and try not to stall it, you will need to flag someone down to help you jump start it again...]

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"Those who take from their followers are not true leaders,' Former Deputy Chief Justice, Dikgang Moseneke

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...

As mentioned last week, I attended Robin Banks' Mind Power seminar. Last weekend I went out to find a copy of John Kehoe's book, Mind Power, a book highly recommended during the session. It's a fairly quick read, I managed to finish it in a week. As Robin said, it's all good and well to read it quickly, but it is important to practice and continuously train your mind what it thinks. What you think and say to yourself is what you attract and become.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

In the spirit of Wimbledon:



This is definitely my type of running race!

One more...



And a last one...



No comments:

Post a Comment