Saturday 29 June 2019

The week that was 20190629

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


It's been an absolutely amazing week of being surrounded by inspirational and dynamic businesswomen. It started on Monday with catching up with Irene Ochem, brainchild behind Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) at their #FemBioBiz entrepreneurship course. I absolutely love and am totally inspired by the work that Irene is doing with female entrepreneurs not only in South Africa, but also the rest of the continent. Irene had actually just flown in from Nigeria that morning. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to share my business lessons and guiding the group of entrepreneurs in the bio industry through the ten building blocks of taking their reputation to the next level.

In the evening, I then attended Margaret Hirsch's Women of Worth (WOW) dinner club. Margaret has been such a good friend and mentor and I always appreciate spending time with her. I am also so grateful for the other amazing people that I have met through the WOW network. 


On Wednesday, the Institute of Directors in South Africa (IoDSA) had their Western Cape regional feedback session to share information from last week's AGM in Gauteng. I am so grateful to be part of the regional committee. I was also incredibly proud that our Repudometer was mentioned, and the IoDSA's reputation score shared at the meeting. It was so lovely to catch up with new CEO, Parmi Natesan.


On Thursday I had the opportunity to do an interview on Cape Pulpit to discuss Awesome AfriCAN. Here's a link to the interview in case you'd like to watch it.

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

There is some good advice on how to take control of your emails in this Harvard Business Review article.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

This week i finished reading...


A fun read a all about grammar!

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

Taking your triangle playing seriously; I know this one has made the rounds, but it got me giggling again this week, enjoy!


...and one more!



No comments:

Post a Comment