Saturday 15 June 2019

The week that was 20190615

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


It was wonderful to be in Pretoria last weekend and spend time catching up with my Mom (and eating way too much!). I also had a chance to catch up with Lindi in Sandton which was long overdue and absolutely great! 

I absolutely love the Ooskerk, and I am very happy and grateful to have been in Pretoria on a Sunday to attend a service. The message was all about respect and setting boundaries.

I am also very grateful for the article that appeared in Bizcommunity earlier this week pertaining to the ethics and reputation in African Study that we conducted. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK
Not necessarily a lesson, more a reminder:


QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Better is unsustainable, unique is unstoppable," 
~ Denise Lee Yohn, author of Fusion

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE


READER'S CORNER



I met Nkiru Olumide-Ojo at the African Public Relations Association (APRA) last year in Botswana. I kicked myself for not getting a copy of her book then. This year, I was delighted to meet up with  her again in Rwanda, and we did a book swap. I read her book on the Gautrain last week, it felt like we were chatting all the way to Sandton and back each day. A great read especially for women entering the workplace and having to navigate their way through the working world.

No comments:

Post a Comment