Friday 17 January 2014

Dressed for success!

They say that it is not what is on the outside, but what is on the inside that is important. True. However, being human beings, we judge. everything. all the time.

It only takes seven seconds for someone to form an opinion of you when they meet you for the first time. What you wear, how you wear it and how your present yourself really does matter.

I love colour, the brighter, the bolder the better! You would definitely not say this if you looked at my very black, grey and blah corporate wardrobe a week ago. At the beginning of the year, with business goals set, I knew it was time to invest in a closet clean-out and re-haul. But - what do I keep, what do I throw out and what items should I invest in? So, I called on the help of Nedine Pieters, dynamic business owner of Creative Styling Solutions.

I will be the first to admit that there was much hesitation to let someone into the incredibly person and intimate space of ones wardrobe. Oh so many (unnecessary) worries and concerns. But what a wonderfully eye-opening experience.

Nedine helped me to put structure into place for easy mixing and matching, and also showed me amazing combinations of clothes that I would never in a millions years would have considered a match. With her direct approach, honesty and fine sense of humour - we worked through what would work, what would  not work, and what from the 90's had passed their due date.

I am having so much fun with my wardrobe, it is so interesting to see and experience how much confidence a new style and clothing combination can give one.

Here's to dressing for success in 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment