Thursday 6 May 2021

Audiobook: Sapiens, A Brief History of Humankind ~ Yuval Noah Harari


Shooweee, for me personally, this was like swimming in syrup and did not enjoy the book nearly as much as the hype behind it. I am glad that I went the audiobook version, otherwise I do think it would have taken years to get through it. So for the past few bicycle and car rides as well as gardening sessions Yuval Noah Harari has kept me company.

It's the history of humankind, but the crux for me is that humans are anything but kind. 

Five other notes that I made: 

1. Life is a pointless rat race. ("great")
2. To be at peace, you need to liberate yourself from cravings.
3. The development of economics e.g. Netherlands versus Spain and how one nation thrived and the other one ended up in tremendous debt. 
4. It's interesting how money is the one constant that everyone seems to have bought into (unlike all the different religions). 
5. I do wonder why 'they' are looking at mapping Neanderthal genomes to recreate a Neanderthal as well as well as a Mammoth.

Unless you have a particular interest in this topic, I would not recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment