Saturday 18 April 2020

The week that was 20200418

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


Every morning this week I have been following a course presented by ACTION Coach's Brad Sugars on how to SURVIVE and THRIVE during this time. During this morning's session, he spoke about RICHuals, which are daily habits that you need to form for a rich life. Not just the monetary 'rich', but also a rich life in terms of health, family; all aspects of your life. 

I am very grateful for my daily routine and for the wonderful view I have of Chappies during this time. Every morning starts with 30 minutes meditation (I love how Margaret Hirsch describes meditation; prayer is when you speak to God, meditation is when God speaks to you). Then I read for 30 minutes followed by a 30 minute podcast or video of Jim Rohn. This week I added Brad Sugars' videos to this schedule. I usually include 30 minutes exercise in this morning routine as well, but currently during lockdown exercise happens at different times and formats during the day.

These daily habits are definitely keeping me sane and focused.




                                        

My oven and I are definitely starting to 'understand' each other. Rather proud of the shortbread that I baked that wasn't over baked or raw!

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER





"Don't complain about the results you didn't get because of the work and learning you didn't do." Brad Sugars.

My take home from Jim Rohn this week: Turn frustration into fascination. 
As well as not to be casual about things; casual leads to casualty. 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

“Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” Eleanor Roosevelt

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE
Not really a giggle, more just a smile when I opened my utensils drawer:



Here are some of my favourite giggles from the week:






Stay healthy, stay safe; here's to another wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment