Saturday 14 September 2019

The week that was 20190914

It's been another amazing week of things to be proud and grateful for. Lessons learnt, books read and a couple of laughs throughout. Hope you all had a great week too.

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


Reputation Matters belongs to the international communications network, ECCO. There are about 40 companies represented in this network Earlier this year we participated in a global social media study to compare social media use of CEOs in different countries. I am very grateful for the great media coverage that we received for it this week. Here's a link to the full media release.

With Evans Manyonga, Editor in Chief of Leadership Magazine
Yesterday we presented Leadership Magazine with their reputation research feedback. Their Repudometer® score was 74% ~ well done! I am proud and grateful for working with this prestigious publication.

After my Leadership Magazine meeting I went through to the South African Innovation Summit (SAIS #SAIS2019) where I had the opportunity to share ideas with inventors and entrepreneurs on building their own reputations. It was a great session, with great interaction, questions and  insights shared. I absolutely love the Innovation Summit, and am grateful for the relationship that we have fostered with them for many years.

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

I'ts been operation decluttering for the past two weeks. The lesson? A revised clutter management strategy going forward is needed. I seriously question my previous decluttering attempts as I came across paperwork from 1995! I can't believe that I actually brought it with from Gauteng when I moved ten years ago. Shredding all the documents has been very cathartic.

Photo from Getty Images
The other lesson came from this article via Inc. "I just discovered Warren Buffet's 25/5 Rule and it's completely Brilliant". The jist of it is that instead of making a long 'to do' list of things to achieve, only select five of  the core things on that long list and focus on them. This week I tested this. Normally I make a long list of things to get through the day. More often than not there are still quite a few items on there that I have not ticked off, leaving me deflated. This week I tackled the list differently. I made a list of three core things to complete per day, no time pressure to it, the only aim was to get it done and ticked off the list. Then a secondary list of two additional things to do if I happen to complete the first three items. It has been a very productive week and a strategy I'll pursue. 

One last lessons to share:



QUOTE OF THE WEEK

When it comes to reputations, it's all about consistency, you are either consistently good, or consistently bad, in both cases you are building a reputation for yourself. 

This quote by Denzel Washington that I heard earlier this week also about consistency really resonated:  

Without commitment, you'll never start, but more importantly, without consistency, you'll never finish. ~ Denzel Washington


I love Spring, this quote is so apt for this time of year:
"The Earth laughs in flowers," ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...


This book is filled with great insights and life lessons, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE


Victor Sibeko CEO at Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA) shared this video at the Cape Town networking function some time ago ~ enjoy!

One last one...

If you were a child when the song ‘Red Red Wine’ was released…UB40 ish now [via @MediaAlert]


No comments:

Post a Comment