Tuesday 12 February 2019

YoastCon 2019 ~ next level

The Yoast Conference (YoastCon 2019), was like no other conference I have ever attended. The level of detail that went into everything was absolutely next level. The branding was brilliant and made me realise I definitely need to up our branding game!

I am incredibly grateful for their #YoastDiversityFund, for sponsoring my trip and making it possible for me to attend and be a speaker at the conference. 

I am by no means a Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) expert, I do however know that if you don't have your reputation management building blocks in place, you'll be wasting your money on fancy websites and SEO. I stuck to what I know best, and talked about building reputations. 


Some of the super quirky things, that I particularly loved:
Instead of someone dashing around with a mic for audience members to ask questions, they had this fun take on a roving mic; you throw this foam block to the person wanting to ask a question, a whole heap of fun!

During the breaks we got to build our own Lego person. I love the synchronicity of the building blocks of Lego and the building blocks of reputations. The little block that the character is holding says: "Don't postpone anything to tomorrow that you could start building today." 



How cool is this! Guest speaker Rand Fishkin and Geraldine De Ruiter's books!

Funky Yoast socks

Flirting with Yoasie! Love that Joost (Founder of Yoast, photo bombed us!)

The networking was excellent, met incredible people

From left to right: Kate Toon, me, James Brockbank, Jason Barnard



Ines from EasyJet

After my podcast recording with Jason Barnard

With Marieke van de Rakt, Yaost CEO
The conference was ended off with the whole Yoast team taking to the stage and doing a synchronised dance to Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling", very impressive! (When I was walking in a shopping centre the next day and heard the song playing I almost broke out in a dance! Isn't is wonderful how music can transport you immediately to a time and place and have the ability to immediately sky rocket your mood).

I will always treasure the memories and friendships made at this very special conference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment