Saturday 20 October 2018

The week that was 20181020

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

There are two distinct moments that I am particularly proud of this week:

Our Awesome AfriCAN computer training classes kicked off on Wednesday (17 October 2018) in Saldanha. The focus is slightly different to the Hout Bay pilot. In Saldanha, we are focussing on 15 small businesses (SMMEs); the business owners are all learning basic Word, Exel and email skills. We are also including two additional classes, business document design and business English. These are classes that we will definitely look at incorporating in the other areas as well. It is so important to help small businesses to speak the language of corporates. Part of the course will be on how to send invoices and what they should look like. To an extent small businesses can get away with sending a quote via WhatsApp, unfortunately, if they want to start doing business with larger organisations they will need to become fluent in the way that corporates do business. On completion, all the SMME that attend all the classes will receive their own website!

We will also be giving 15 community members the opportunity to attend basic computer literacy classes, they will also receive job readiness classes. The lady's beautiful smile in the photo above absolutely made my week!


The second proud moment was the original pilot class from Hout Bay graduating and each of the attendees receiving their certificates. Forty three people in total completed the course and can now use Word, Exel, PowerPoint and Outlook. I am so incredibly proud of Life Manuwe the facilitator and all the attendees.

MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

In the 20190908 week that was, I mentioned that I had a massive rehaul of all my finances, medical aid, life insurance, short-term insurance you name it, thanks to Adviceworx. Thanks to their advice, I am now on Discovery Health. A BIG lesson I have learned in the last month is how driven by points I am! I'm on a mission to get to 'silver' status by mid-December. I am rather thankful that the Vitality program got me back into a running / exercise regime; my exercising took a bit of a knock earlier this year with very early (much earlier than my normal 04:30) mornings, which did impact my keenness to be active in any way. If anyone else is on Discovery and would like to join me on Vitality Active Rewards, my code = JOHANNL18f



MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK

“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.” ~ Cesar A. Cruz

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK



No comments:

Post a Comment