Saturday 8 September 2018

The week that was 20180908

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

My most grateful moment this week was receiving my Côte d'Ivoire visa. I am incredibly grateful to my assistance Tracey for taking charge of all the admin in my life. I never realised just how much I needed a Tracey in my life. With this, the African adventure continues!


MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK

For years I had the same financial planner, we walked a path for almost 15 years. It was one of those scenarios where you don't know what you don't know, and you blindly support someone because you think they have your best interest at heart. For some time it bothered me that I only heard from him once a year when my policies had to be renewed, usually with quite a steep price increase. I knew that I had to change advisors.

Enter Carla. I now have the most amazing Carla from Adviceworx in my life, who takes a genuine interest in what I do and my finances. We have reviewed everything and through this exercise, realised that my will was last updated in 2009! 

Medical aid, short-term insurance, life insurance, you name it we've looked at it. Not a massive fan of change, I was initially a bit daunted by all of these changes. Then I realised (and this is where the lesson for the week comes in), that the whole purpose of changing over to Adviceworx was to get advice and guidance. There is absolutely no point in wanting things to change but you continue doing things in the same way. 

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK

Not necessarily a quote, but I really liked this piece shared by one of our team members earlier this week:


PODCAST I'M LISTENING TO 


WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK

This absolutely made my week!


No comments:

Post a Comment