Sunday 13 May 2018

The week that was, 20180513

My proudest moment

My proudest moment on so many levels was accecpting the SABRE Awards from Paul Holmes in Gaborone, Botswana. It was affirmation that we are on track with our Repudometer•. So proud of my team. Here's the link to more information of the awards


Paul Holmes handing over the SABRE Awards

Biggest lesson this week

There is so much to learn about Africa. We don't nearly share enough of the good stories of what is happening on our continent. I realised how proud I am to be South African; proud to be African. 


What made me giggle 

Chatting about the upcoming Soccer World Cup, someone from Botswana was asked whether their team had qualified, to which the answer was almost immediate, 'oh no! our team is rubbish!', aaah OK, so what is Botswana's national sport? 'Soccer!' 😂

Favourite quote

I am currently reading Dr. Chris Barnard's 'Tweede Lewe', the follow up to 'Een Lewe,' which incidentally was also a message in Jane Rafaelly's 'unedited' was that you will regret the things you don't do, more than the things you do do that are not successful.

Big goal for the next week

There were so many incredible lessons I learnt from the trip to Botswana and thoughts. I want to set sufficient time aside to write it all up.



No comments:

Post a Comment