Tuesday 19 September 2017

Book: Everest Untold, Diaries from the first South African Everest Expedition, Patrick Conroy


It's fantastic to read a book that grips you from page 1. I managed to finish the book in less than a week. The key message for me from this book is stick to the plan.

As I read the book, I was wondering why I had not heard about this expedition previously, it really was quite something;, the first South African team to summit Mount Everest and it being one of the most tragic expeditions to date. Then I realised that it took place in 1996; that was the year my cousin and I took our gap year in London, so I was not too focussed on South African news. 

It's beautifully written; that is what I love about journalists writing books, they truly have quite a gift of telling a story. Thank you Patrick for sharing your story. 

When I met Patrick a couple of months back he mentioned that he does a talk linking his experience to reputation management, I am very keen to hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment