Tuesday 20 June 2017

Business slang

There is A LOT of business jargon out there, what I don't often hear is 'business slang'.

Attending and presenting at a conference recently, I noticed that almost all the speakers were referring to the "C-Suite"; admittedly this was not something that I was familiar with, and thought that I was missing out on some or other computer program or app.

Thanks to a quick Google search, it means:

C-suite is a widely-used slang term used to collectively refer to a corporation's most important senior executives. C-Suite gets its name because top senior executives' titles tend to start with the letter C, for chief, as in chief executive officer, chief operating officer and chief information officer. [www.investopedia.com/terms/c/c-suite.asp]

I was then able to nonchalantly tie it quite well into my presentation. Here's to reaching more C-suites!

No comments:

Post a Comment