Wednesday 9 September 2015

Book: Your Face Puzzle - Physiognomy simplified, Martie Maré



This is a fascinating book! I happened to hear an interview on the radio with the author, Martie Maré, one evening while I was driving home. The subject matter intrigued me; I had never heard about Physiognomy before. What it means is the relationship between facial features and your personality. F A S C I N A T I  N G! 

The book describes this relationship and what the personality traits are that are associated with different facial features. It's not a science, and I am aware that there are a lot of opinions out there about the subject. It is nonetheless very interesting and has made me a lot more aware of potential personality types when meeting people. It is important not to generalise, and it is important that the context of the whole face and its features are looked at as a whole when analysing it and the personality. 

What I also found to be very interesting is that plastic surgery can impact and change a person's personality; not that I have any intention of getting tucked and snipped, it was interesting to read that something which one thinks is a small facial change could have a dramatic impact on one's personality. Some companies use Physiognomy as part of their recruitment process, this is an interesting take and possibly something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment