Thursday 3 September 2015

Book: Leadership and Self-Deception, The Arbinger Institute


This is a book that needs to be on everybody’s reading list, regardless of your position in a company. If anything it actually helped me a lot on a personal level. Instead of blaming and finding fault with others, it helps you to see things from a different perspective and to look for solutions. It’s written as a story, so not a typical business book. I read it fairly quickly. 


On Friday I attended a Women in Leadership seminar presented by Symphonia Leadership Development. One of the speakers, Dr Martie recalled a conversation with one of her professors, who had said to her that one should select the five books that have made a profound impact on your life and read them until they read you. This book, Leadership and Self-Deception, is one of those five books that I would put on that list, and re-read again and again. It is a book that I am encouraging my team to read.

Highly recommendable: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment