Saturday 6 May 2023

Reflection: Breath


To be honest, it’s been a challenging couple of weeks, because when things don’t flow and timelines don’t work out as anticipated, my automatic setting is panic.

Panic and over analysis of everything. It’s as if even the most mundane small non-issue, becomes this massive issue that needs to be analysed and overcomplicated from every possible angle. It’s exhausting. 

Exercise helps, it helps a lot.  In fact it was during my run this morning up Suikerbossie that my inner voice belted out to me: STOP THIS! STOP.THE.PITY.PARTY! 

I woke up this morning being fully in my head and panic mode turned to maximum. The morning walk on the beach with Mark and Bella was an absolute blur because I was more focussed on what I was worrying about instead of taking in and appreciating the magic that an early morning brings, and the appreciation of another dawn with these two incredible two beings. 

As I progressed up Suikerbossie, and rather taken aback by this inner outburst, I realised that I was able to do sweet blue all about everything that I was worrying about at that immediate moment in time. All I was able to do, is agree with myself to tackle one moment at a time. And, the only thing I should be focussing on is Suikerbossie and aiming to reach the top without stopping, and while I’m at it, chuck in some gratitude that I am healthy, and able to run and that I live in one of the most beautiful places imaginable, where I can enjoy a magnificent sun rise. 

Immediate next steps: 
πŸŒ… Stop the pity party. 
πŸŒ… Focus on and deal with one moment at a time. 
πŸŒ… Be fully present and focus on doing one thing at a time, and do it as best you can.
πŸŒ… Be patient, everything works out perfectly.
πŸŒ… Breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment