Monday 21 February 2022

Book: The Elephant Whisperer, Lawrence Anthony

 


Animals have this instinct about danger. They can hear without ears.

A few ladies from my running club also enjoy reading. ‘Sip & Swop’, a monthly book club was born, and we had our first get together in January. The idea is to bring a book that you really enjoyed reading and swop it out for one of the other ladies’ books. I jumped at the opportunity to join in and read different genres.

The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony landed in front of me. I am not a fan of animal books, television shows or movies. Growing up with Walt Disney animal movies has ruined my trust in animal stories. But, I thought to myself, and reminded myself, that the point of joining the book club was to get out of my comfort zone and read different books.

Reluctantly, I started my journey with the elephants.

Oh man, what a magical journey!! Every morning I read for 30 minutes as part of my morning routine, and for the past month, it has felt as if I have started my morning in the bush. [I will reluctantly move away from the sea, but, I must admit that I dearly miss the bushveld].

What a talented writer. The journey of the elephants have been captured so beautifully. Initially being reluctant to start the book, by the end I was reluctant to put it down! I have learnt so much about elephants.

Definitely highly recommendable.

No comments:

Post a Comment