Monday 24 January 2022

Audiobook: Think like a Monk, Jay Shetty

There are so many incredible titbits of knowledge shared in this book.

Two of the key take homes for me:

  1. If you have a negative thought about someone, write down ten positive things about that person. It will help you to get out of a negative mindset and force you to think of the positives. [Although, some days I do realise that I still have a lot of growth to do in this area and need to set a whole day aside when I feel irked by someone 😊)
  2. The other lesson for me, was to enjoy and take in a moment. And, then to reflect on it at a later stage, especially when you are stressed. I also think back at the moment as a moment of gratitude before going to bed at night. How to focus on a moment: 

Ø  Five things that you can see

Ø  Four things that you can touch

Ø  Three things that you can hear

Ø  Two things that you can smell

Ø  One thing that you can taste

It is incredible what a calming effect this has.

I also like how he describes the earth as our hotel, we are just visitors. We need to look after it and return it better than we found it.

“Leave everything and everyone a little better than you found them/it”

“Service is the exchange of love.”

Highly highly recommendable. There is a lot of information. I think that I will be listening to it again, and perhaps one chapter per month, just to make sure that I get the most of out the all the wisdom shared. 

10/10 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment