Tuesday 28 September 2021

Audiobook: Grit, The Power of Passion and Perseverance, Angela DuckworthGrit

If I had read this book before Darren Hardy’s, The Compound Effect or James Clear’s Atomic Habits, I may have enjoyed it much more.

Towards the end I felt that I needed grit to finish it. One thing that I know about myself is that I do enjoy starting projects, but I don’t always have the grit to finish it, I lose interest very quickly. But, with that said, it does depend on the project and challenge I’m faced with.

“...there are no shortcuts to excellence. Developing real expertise, figuring out really hard problems, it all takes timelonger than most people imagine....you've got to apply those skills and produce goods or services that are valuable to people....Grit is about working on something you care about so much that you're willing to stay loyal to it...it's doing what you love, but not just falling in lovestaying in love.”

This relates to what James Clear also said, you need to fall in love with boredom, doing the same thing over and over. 

Personally I found the the animal experiments horrendous. 

Rather read The Compound Effect or Atomic Habits. 

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment