Monday 10 August 2020

The week that was 20200810

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT


So grateful to have been able to travel to Gauteng for the first time in five months! So grateful to catch up and spend time with my Mom. Had a wonderful family lunch to celebrate her birthday; don't worry, we social'ed and we distance'd. 


Very appreciative for a great hairdresser, I've been going to her since moving to Hout Bay. She knows me so well. Initially I was a bit dubious about the length; but, I have made peace with is, and am really enjoying it. The long piece is headed (pun intended) to CANSA. 


Learning something interesting


Via: CapeTownEtc. Fascinating to learn about ‘Hawequa’. A unique occurrence that can be viewed once a year in the Western Cape (Wellington), where a ‘man in the mountain’ seems to appear from the mountainside.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK



'The best piece of advice I can give a woman, or a man  for that matter is: No matter how hard things are, don't walk away when the going gets tough because, quite simply, you'll never forgive yourself.' ~Karen Boswell OBE, MD Hitachi Rail Europe.~

THIS WEEK I FINISHED READING...





Leaving Before the Rains Come by Alexander Fuller. This is the follow up to 'Don't Let's Go to The Dogs Tonight, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This one, not so much.

As a team we reread, ' The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,' by Robin Sharma. It's one of my favourite books that have great reminders and lessons. Highly recommendable. 

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE








No comments:

Post a Comment