Saturday 1 September 2018

The week that was 20180901

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

I feel super chuffed to have completed the Certified Directorship course presented by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA). It was a great experience to be a student again for a couple of hours a week. I particularly enjoyed Part 5, which was a simulation of a real board meeting. A highly recommended course. 



MY BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK


The biggest lesson this week, is more of a reminder; and could actually also be positioned under the 'My Proudest Moment this week." It links to Steve Job's quote I shared last week. "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do," ~ Steve Jobs.

I absolutely love my team. This week we presented two large research project results to clients. I was bursting with pride as they presented the results. I did not have to micromanage any of the projects and only provided a soundboard function as and where needed.

Both clients commented on what a painless process it was and thanked the team for making the research such an easy process. 

The right team, processes and tools is a magical combination for pain-free research and reputation management. 

MY FAVOURITE QUOTE THIS WEEK 


PODCAST I'M LISTENING TO 



WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE THIS WEEK


Here's to another AWESOME week!

No comments:

Post a Comment