Tuesday 13 September 2016

Book: Scaling Up, Verne Harnish



I received this book from a business coaching organisation, which I am very grateful for. For my own personal reasons I have a slightly dim view when it comes to coaches; I do however totally agree with the concept of it. I'll leave my thoughts about the subject for another time. 

I really enjoyed this book, it focuses on People, Strategy, Execution and Cash. You don't have to read it in that order. I read the strategy part first; personally I feel that you should first have your business' strategy in place, know where you are heading to, before you can put the other pieces of the business together. I really liked the templates that they provided, and I look forward to working through it with my team during our next strategy session as well. There are wonderful lessons and examples for each of the focus areas. I've really enjoyed working through the book every morning before work. 

Verne Harnish also has a really good newsletter, which is worth subscribing to. 

Highly recommendable.

No comments:

Post a Comment