Thursday 18 February 2016

Nothing fails like success.

There are a number of podcasts I listen to while driving. One that I recently downloaded was 'The  Robin Sharma's Mastery Sessions.' I'll be honest that I do sometime find it a bit 'preachy', however I'm a fan and have learnt a lot from his practices. As part of his 'Big Lessons to Win at Life', his lesson #2 - Nothing fails like success caught my attention. 

With success, don't become complacent or arrogant. This is an extract from #2:

Success can be so toxic.
As you become more successful, become more humble. As you become more successful, work even harder. As you become more successful, care more about your product. As you become more successful, learn even more...

As you become more successful, be even more punctual. As you become more successful, be even more passionate. As you become older, become even younger.

As he says, it is all about playing the long term game and making a lasting impact; let's not be a one-hit-wonder, let's be legendary.   

No comments:

Post a Comment