Thursday 9 April 2015

Book: Crazy is a Compliment. The Power of Zigging when everyone else Zags, Linda Rottenberg


This was a wonderful birthday gift from my team. What a fabulous read! I battled to put it down once I started. The author, Linda Rottenberg, co-founder and CEO of Endeavor shares amazing entrepreneurial stories from across the globe. She says that she did not want to write another business / entrepreneurial book - there are already so many out there, but wanted to write something different, which I think she succeeded in doing very well.

I liked her description of different types of entrepreneurs (Gazelles, Skunks, Dolphins and Butterflies), as well as the different types of personalities (Diamond, Star, Transformer, Rocketship). There is a wealth of information and examples that are shared. It's not just about starting your own business, but also about employees being innovative and entrepreneurial within a business.
There is also a section on mentors, and how you should not just have one, but have a whole array. 

Besides being a special gift, it is definitely a book I will re-read again. 

Recommendable: Yes, 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment