Sunday 4 May 2014

Book Review - Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman

So far I am on track with reading a book a month, unfortunately this is 50% less than the target I had set myself at the beginning of the year. Clearly I need to get reading!  This was not an easy read, quite a bit of the book felt like swimming through syrup, however there are gems throughout, which is incredibly interesting and makes the slog to get through the book worth it. The book combines economics and psychology which was very interesting. There is a lot of information - attributable to the years and years of studies conducted and experience by the author, which adds to the complexity. I found it very interesting that he said that you should not try to use big, complicated words to try and sound smart as it will have the opposite effect (interestingly he sometimes falls into his own trap :-) ).  The book did reaffirm the importance of research and taking past experiences into consideration when embarking on new projects. It's a book that I will definitely need to read again (at some point).
 Rate 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment