Saturday 25 January 2020

The week that was 20200125

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT

In the media
I am so grateful for the wonderful media coverage that we received this week. We've launched the third annual African Public Relations Association  (APRA) survey measuring ethics and reputation on the African content on an individual, company and country level [here's the link to the press release].

The eNCA interview focussed on reputation, ethics and building trust which many of our state owned entities have lost. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to speak about all things reputation and why it matters.


I was very chuffed to receive a link to CEO Magazine who had published my article on the Thomas Cook crisis from last year. 


I am so grateful to have this little sweetheart in our lives. Last week Mark & I had to change our address at the bank; naturally Madam went with. She was glued to the window checking out exactly where 'Dad' was at all times. 

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

Friendship needs to be a two way street.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

There were actually quite a few quotes that I noticed this week:

Prayer is asking for rain and faith is carrying the umbrella,

Barbara Johnson

From the Dalai Lama: I don't like formality. There's no formality when we're born and none when we die. In between we should treat each other as brothers and sisters because we all want to live a happy life. This is our common purpose and our right.


The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute. The man who doe not ask, is a fool for life. Confucius.

Then there was also this one, rather profound (I've also had many profound conversations with my Uber drivers):


WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE


True story! If you spoke to any Capetonian this week, the conversation would ultimately have started with, "I am so over this wind..."


Nogal Mr Mboweni and Warren Buffet! How lucky am I, all in one week :D



Made. My. Day.!



No comments:

Post a Comment