Saturday 18 January 2020

The month that was 20190118

Happy 2020! 

This past month, I took a break from everything. It is so necessary to take a 'time out' to regroup, recoup and reenergize. 

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT



I am so grateful to have spent Christmas in Pretoria with my Mom. Mince pies & coffee for breakfast, eating until we were tired, and slept until we were hungry. Absolutely brilliant. It was also wonderful to have time to do creative things. 

A while back Mark gave me some of his old t-shirts that I cut up to use to crotchet a bed spread with (that project is still in progress...). I couldn't get it over my heart to cut up the whole t-shirt, as I knew it had a lot of sentimental value to him. I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do with the bits & pieces that were left. After some brainstorming with my Mom, she had the brilliant suggestion of pillows. Just look at the fabulous pillows she made! They came out so well, and Mark was so chuffed with them. 

I also had a chance to continue with my patchwork project that I started two Christmas' ago. Finding  the right pattern is like building a puzzle. Managed to get quite a bit done; still got quite a bit of work to do.


Training for the Cape Town Cycle Tour has started again. Last week Mark spoiled me with a road bicycle! I have been riding a hybrid (best description I have for it is that it has two wheels and a bell!). These new wheels are so smart! Absolutely love it! 

Something super cool about the bicycle is that everyone has it's own unique icon on the base. When Mark showed me, I took a quick pic:


Taking a closer look at the photo this morning, I noticed the ice cream, so so apt! Whenever our group cycles to Fish Hoek and back to Hout Bay, we stop for ice cream; this icon is just so cool; absolutely made my day! Shucks, Mark knows me so well. 



The fist week in January we had our team strategy session. I am so grateful for, and proud of my amazing team. We've plotted and planned for an incredibly successful 2020; I for one am incredibly excited about the new year and some very exciting things that we are working on; watch this space...! 



Life Manuwe (right), accredited computer trainer at the Sijongo-Phamibili Community Learning Cenrtre, invited me to the certificate handout of the latest group that completed the basic computer course. As part of our Awesome AfriCAN initiative we helped the Centre with sponsorship of computers and desks two years ago. I am so proud, glad and excited that the computer classes are still taking place.

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER


I learnt that there is an arrow next to your petrol gauge; it's not just a random part of the design as I had thought all of these years. It actually shows you what side of the car your petrol tank is on, so helpful when you need to fill up!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Life asked me to say a few words at the certificate handover. I found these two, that I thought were particularly apt with the work that he is doing:

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead," Nelson Mandela.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world," Nelson Mandela.

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE

During a ride to Fish Hoek (for ice cream of course!), I noticed this road sign; I see that the photo isn't all that clear; someone had pasted a sticker of a Storm Trooper over the horse rider's face. 


I have mentioned it before that I am a fan of Boet Fighter. This week a video came out of a fight that took place in Fourways Adjacent...a.k.a Kyalami being narrated by Boet Fighter. It. Is. Hilarious! Here's the link to the video. 

...and one last one:

No comments:

Post a Comment