Sunday 23 February 2020

The week that was 20200223

PROUDEST | MOST GRATEFUL MOMENT



It was wonderful to be in Pretoria last weekend. Went for a couple of jogs; shucks there is a massive difference between running in Pretoria versus Cape Town; I really battled at the higher altitude! Tried to do a bit of sprinting with my Mom's 'puppies' in the park, but they were much more interested in playing with each other than running with me. (I really didn't mind as it was a great excuse to catch my breath!)


                             

I am very grateful for the opportunity to have presented about reputation management and linking it to biodiversity at the Endangered Wildlife Foundation’s National Biodiversity and Business Network’s annual Biodiversity and Business Indaba at Gallagher Estate on Tuesday. I absolutely love my speaker's gift which is a lion made from shweshwe material by Reaboko. Absolutely brilliant!


Dynamic businessman, Derek Pead is starting an exciting new podcast series called 'Not Just Business, It's About People." I am so honoured and grateful to have been interviewed by him earlier this week, chatting about all things reputation management and why it matters. I will share the link as soon as it is launched!

More absolutely breathtaking mornings in the saddle, running and walking. So grateful for the incredible beauty that surrounds us. Mornings are definitely the most magical part of the day!

 
Look at this fantastic make up bag that Pam, Mark's Mom, made for me! So grateful for my special gift. It was so lovely to see her and to catch up with her yesterday.

BIGGEST LESSON THIS WEEK / REMINDER

I have been listening to Jim Rohn podcasts, am really enjoying the wisdom being share so much, and listening to them every opportunity I get. One of my favourite lessons:

"For things to change, you have to change,"
Jim Rohn

QUOTE OF THE WEEK


My Mom and I love knitting and crocheting; we often have the conversation around colours. Love this quote by Marc Chagall, "All colours are the friends of their neighbours and the lovers of their opposites,"

WHAT MADE ME GIGGLE
Earlier this week I had a meeting where I was required to  do an induction, watch a video and answer five multiple choice questions before they could let me in. Easy enough. I've always had a block when it comes to multiple choice questions, but thought to myself, these five should be ok. Diligently watched the whole video and carefully worked through the questions, and scored 4/5! I was mortified; redid the test and got 3/5! Oh boy! 4/5, 2/5 and so it continued...When my host arrived I was so embarrassed to admit that I wasn't allowed into the building yet as I hadn't passed my test! He then said he would quickly help me; thank goodness! Went through the questions again and he also scored 4/5! I couldn't help myself and burst out laughing! Next attempt, 3/5 so it continued until we were kicked off the system. Went over to the security guard and asked for help;  he then got five new questions and he then scored 4/5; I was in histerics at this stage! Thankfully only a few more attempts and we made it and were allowed into the building! It was a fabulous ice breaker!

One last one...


No comments:

Post a Comment